Vision & Mission
Become an excellence master degree in accounting with high reputation in accomplishment education in 2026
- Developing graduates who are competent in the field of accounting in accordance to the worldwide demands of professional accountants
- Improving the competence and commitment of the academic staffs and students to play an active role in the development of applied accounting knowledge and technology in a national and Asia Pacific level
- Organizing internationally competitive higher education that is able to access the world’s demands of human resources in accounting
- Organizing higher education management with qualities in accordance to the principles of good governance to improve the reputation and the trust of stakeholders
In accordance with the vision, mission and goals of the Faculty of Economics, the purposes of Master of Accounting Program are:
- To prepare and improve the quality of professionals in the field of accounting who are competent & ethic in the local, national and international perspective.
- To support education and development of professional accountants in applied accounting science which is recognized at local, national and international levels.
- To implement good governance in higher education management, contribute in building good education management, and at the same time gain public trust.
- To make a significant contribution in problem solving, either within the government and other not for profit organization, corporation, or among professional, by developing of accountant professional human resources locally, nationally and internationally
- Organizing an education to prepare and improve the quality of professionals in the field of accounting who are ethical, reliable, with local, national and international perspective
- Enhancing the ability of graduates to apply and develop the science and or practice of accounting
- Creating an academic climate for the establishment of academic
- Being one of a national reference for accounting education
- Conducting research to support education and development of accounting science
- Gaining recognition of knowledge in the field of accounting at the local, national and international levels
SUMMARY OF SWOT ANALYSIS
- The Master of Accounting at FEB Unpad from year to year recieves a stable and relatively high number of applicants.
- Master of Accounting Stud has tenured lecturers that have acknowledged competences and accounting sertification, have published research papers, and have community service activities in the society.
- The learning process for students involves practitioners as lecturers
- The Master of Accounting has several partnerships and collaborations with different government institutions
- The internet based academic administration system of Universitas Padjajaran enables a faster, more accurate and efficient academic service for students and lecturers.
- Student research publications are still low
- Low number of joint research between students and lecturers
- Number of participants in the double degree programs are still low
- Number of foreign students are still low
- The Master of Accounting has several alumni who are able to potentially collaborate with the study program development, such as alumni who is working in PT Pupuk Indonesia
- The University has MOU collaborations with foreign universities.
- International Accreditation for Master of Accounting , ie. ABEST21 and AACSB for the Faculty.
- Several international certifications, such as ACCA (the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants), CPA (Certified Public Accountant), CIPA (Certified Islamic Professional Accountant) for professional accountant that can collaborate with the study program for developing curriculum and student certification.
- Increase in number of competitors in local universities
- Increase in competitiveness between universities as each university engages in efforts to increase their own quality.
- Centralized financial system
- The rapid development in information technology must be quickly responded and anticipated
To achieve our vision, mission and goals of the study program, we set following strategies:
- Develop lecturer competency through actively involving them in various activities; consists of academic development, research, and public/community services in collaboration with the Accounting Department
- Consistently organize periodic lecturer meetings to discuss and update the syllabus and/or curriculum.
- Evaluating lecturers regularly regarding teaching performance and overall periodic performance in collaboration with the Accounting Department.
- Utilize alumni to collaborate for curriculum development, in the preparation of teaching materials and to be a guest lecturer
- In progress to develop study case modules in collaboration with alumni and/or corporation and government institutions (such as PT Pupuk Kujang), Bank BJB Syariah
- Improved insight into the student’s knowledge consistently with a public lecture by inviting experts in the field of accounting/lecturers recognized expertise both nationally and internationally. These public lectures are independently organized by Master of Accounting or organized in cooperation with the faculty, study program, or other universities.
- Increase efforts for socializing double degree programs to potential and current students. (Website, Orientation)
- Include double degree program in drafting the Term of Academic Agreement with future potential partners.
- Actively participate in exploring the opportunities to create double degree programs in cooperation with the Faculty Office of International Affairs.
- Immediate implementation of university academic regulations 2017 that students must publish their research results by joining with their supervisors so that there is an increase in the number of student participation in national conferences / international / journals
- The above research must be in the form of joint research between students and lecturers
- Organize conferences (national/international) or workshops or seminars independently or in cooperation with faculty, other study programs, or other universities.
- Optimizing the use of the planning and budgeting program and its realization through initiatives proposed in meetings or discussions, as well as active and proactive participation in the planning, realization and reporting of the Faculty and University according to appropriate policies and procedures.